The Security Guard – Occupational First Aid Specialist will oversee the management of the first aid program at the Vancouver Aquarium, in addition to conducting the duties of an Aquarium Security Guard.
Provides assistance to the Security Department by:
- Performing all the regular duties of a Security Guard
- Provides supervision to Security Guards in the absence of the Security Manager and Senior Security Officer
Assists the Security Manager in managing the First Aid Program at the Vancouver Aquarium by:
- Creates organizational first aid prevention policies and ensures all employees are informed on departmental policies and procedures related to first aid and safety;
- In consultation with the Security Manager, developing and executing regular first aid training sessions others;
- Responsible for maintenance, auditing and stocking of all first aid equipment; establishing minimum stocking levels for essential items and ensuring that they are maintained;
- Leading first aid team on first aid calls; using good judgment in choosing when to act as primary attendant and when to refer to emergency services (e.g. 911 attendants);
- Ensuring Aquarium compliance with Worksafe BC regulations related to first aid and safety.
Participates in the Health and Safety committee by:
- Maintaining departmental first aid statistics and reporting to Health & Safety committee;
- Sitting on the Health & Safety committee and advising on matters related to first aid and safety and prepares safety plans (e.g. fall protection, confined space, etc) as directed by chair of Health & Safety committee;
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations.
Education and Experience
- Minimum secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Occupational First Aid (OFA) II (OFA III strongly preferred);
- BC Security Worker license;
- BC class 5 driver’s license;
- Minimum 3 years experience as a practicing First Aid Attendant
- Certificate or courses in Occupational Health & Safety or Construction Safety are considered an asset
- Occupational First Aid Instructor Certification is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to write first aid policies and safety plans (e.g. fall protection, confined space, etc).
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
To Apply Click Here